Here are some steps for you to follow in order to Maximise Air Condition Comfort or Minimize Air Condition Problems:
1. You should avoid letting direct sunlight from getting into your home. Close all window shades on windows that have direct sunlight coming through them. Sunlight produces radiation which is absorbed by anything it lights up. This heat is then emitted in the room.
2. Keep all windows and doors closed. Opening windows and doors allows hot air and sometimes humid air to enter the room.
3. You should consider running a furnace fan all the time as this constant air movement balances the temperatures and helps to avoid hot and cold spots in the room
4. You should try and do all cooking activities early in the morning hours, before the major heat of the day builds up. When a stove or oven is on for an hour or so, it can add lots of cooling loads to your air condition unit. Also use exhaust fans to vent excess heat and humidity from cooking activities.
5. You should also try and do all cleaning activities which add moisture to the air early in the mornings, or late in the evenings. Activities such as washing clothes can add a great amount of humidity to the air in your home. Also be aware that unvented clothes dryers can add massive amounts of humidity to the air.
6. Set your thermostat at a comfortable position and leave it there. Most high-quality thermostats are more sensitive than you at determining when your air condition system needs to be turned on or off.
Heat Gain: This is the manner in which the size of your air-conditioning unit is determined. It starts with the process of measuring the rate and amount of heat that is accumulating inside your house.
Many other things have to be measured to account for all of the things that provide heat to your home. Some of the other things that have to be measured are the walls, floor and ceiling square footages, thickness of your wall, floor and ceiling insulation, exterior wall construction material and method of construction, window and door efficiency, etc.
So you can see from this partial list many things have to be taken into consideration, although it is not hard to measure any one thing, it is just that there is quite a lot of measuring to do.
There are table and charts, amongst other things that have been developed to translate these measurements and data into the rate and amount of heat gain.
You can find some of these tables and charts in several publications, which most homeowners find difficult to use, but there are also booklets that are written in such a way that a person with an interest in measuring, recording and calculating data may be able to get highly accurate heat gain measurements.
Air conditioning maintenance is fairly simple, you must always have the proper amount of coolant and the coils on both outside and inside of the house must be cleaned. See some interesting things at tickets phantom of the opera nyc .
If the coils should become clogged due to dirt and dust, they will not be able to receive or distribute heat quickly. Finally you should have your air condition equipment checked by a professional at least twice a year.