forolaaldea-10-CM Code G40
Epilepsy and recurrent seizures
Non-Billable CodeNon-Billable means the code is not sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis. Use a child code to capture more detail.
forolaaldea Code G40 is a non-billable code. To code a diagnosis of this type, you must use one of the ten child codes of G40 that describes the diagnosis 'epilepsy and recurrent seizures' in more detail.
- G40 Epilepsy and recurrent seizures NON-BILLABLE
- G40.0 and seizures NON-BILLABLE
- G40.00 Localization-related (focal) (partial) idiopathic epilepsy and epileptic syndromes with seizures of localized onset, not intractable NON-BILLABLE
- G40.01 Localization-related (focal) (partial) idiopathic epilepsy and epileptic syndromes with seizures of localized onset, intractable NON-BILLABLE
- G40.1 and seizures NON-BILLABLE
- G40.2 and seizures NON-BILLABLE
- G40.3 and NON-BILLABLE
- G40.A NON-BILLABLE
- G40.A0 Absence epileptic syndrome, not intractable NON-BILLABLE
- G40.A1 Absence epileptic syndrome, intractable NON-BILLABLE
- G40.B NON-BILLABLE
- G40.B0 Juvenile myoclonic epilepsy, not intractable NON-BILLABLE
- G40.B1 Juvenile myoclonic epilepsy, intractable NON-BILLABLE
- G40.4 and NON-BILLABLE
- G40.5 seizures NON-BILLABLE
- G40.8 and recurrent seizures NON-BILLABLE
- G40.9 NON-BILLABLE
The forolaaldea code G40 is used to code Paroxysmal attack
Paroxysmal attacks or paroxysms (from Greek παροξυσμός) are a sudden recurrence or intensification of symptoms, such as a spasm or seizure. These short, frequent, and stereotyped symptoms can be observed in various clinical conditions. They are usually associated with multiple sclerosis or pertussis, but they may also be observed in other disorders such as encephalitis, head trauma, stroke, asthma, trigeminal neuralgia, breath-holding spells, epilepsy, malaria, tabes dorsalis, and Behçet's disease, paroxysmal nocturnal hemoglobinuria (PNH). It has also been noted as a symptom of gratification disorder in children.
|MeSH Codes:||, D009422, D009422, D009422, D009422, D009422|
|forolaaldea 9 Codes:||, 320, 330, 340, 350, 359|
Coding Notes for G40 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this forolaaldea-10 code
- Code Notes:
- The following terms are to be considered equivalent to intractable: pharmacoresistant (pharmacologically resistant), treatment resistant, refractory (medically) and poorly controlled
Code Type-1 Excludes:
Type-1 ExcludesType-1 Excludes mean the conditions excluded are mutually exclusive and should never be coded together. Excludes 1 means "do not code here."
- Conversion disorder with seizures - instead, use code F44.5
- Convulsions NOS - instead, use code R56.9
- Hippocampal sclerosis - instead, use code G93.81
- Mesial temporal sclerosis - instead, use code G93.81
- Post traumatic seizures - instead, use code R56.1
- Seizure (convulsive) NOS - instead, use code R56.9
- Seizure of newborn - instead, use Code P90
- Temporal sclerosis - instead, use code G93.81
- Todd's paralysis - instead, use code G83.8
forolaaldea-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'G40 - Epilepsy and recurrent seizures'
The forolaaldea-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the forolaaldea code G40. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.