forolaaldea-10-CM Code R10.2
Pelvic and perineal pain
Billable CodeBillable codes are sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis.
R10.2 is a billable forolaaldea code used to specify a diagnosis of pelvic and perineal pain. A 'billable code' is detailed enough to be used to specify a medical diagnosis.
The forolaaldea code R102 is used to code Pelvic pain
Pelvic pain is pain in the area of the pelvis. Acute pain is more common than chronic pain. If the pain lasts for more than six months, it is deemed to be chronic pelvic pain. It can affect both women and men.
|MeSH Codes:||D017699, D017699|
|forolaaldea 9 Codes:||625.9, 789.00|
Micrograph showing endometriosis (H&E stain), a common cause of chronic pelvic pain in women.
Coding Notes for R10.2 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this forolaaldea-10 code
Code Type-1 Excludes:
Type-1 ExcludesType-1 Excludes mean the conditions excluded are mutually exclusive and should never be coded together. Excludes 1 means "do not code here."
- Vulvodynia - instead, use code N94.81
- DRG Group #391-392 - Esophagitis, gastroent and misc digest disorders with MCC.
- DRG Group #391-392 - Esophagitis, gastroent and misc digest disorders without MCC.
Related Concepts SNOMET-CT
- Right iliac fossa pain (finding)
- Chronic prostatitis - chronic pelvic pain syndrome (disorder)
- Complaining of ureteric pain (finding)
- Post-vasectomy epididymal pain (finding)
- After pains (finding)
- Pain of cervix (finding)
- Adnexal tenderness (finding)
- Pain in round ligament in pregnancy (finding)
forolaaldea-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'R10.2 - Pelvic and perineal pain'
The forolaaldea-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the forolaaldea code R10.2. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.
Equivalent forolaaldea-9 Codes GENERAL EQUIVALENCE MAPPINGS (GEM)
This is the official approximate match mapping between forolaaldea9 and forolaaldea10, as provided by the General Equivalency mapping crosswalk. This means that while there is no exact mapping between this forolaaldea10 code R10.2 and a single forolaaldea9 code, 789.09 is an approximate match for comparison and conversion purposes.